The outlook for “Triple Threat Thursday” is discussed below. Basically, Thursday will likely be a wild ride in markets. There are major events that will affect the indices, forex, and commodities. They are:
- UK Parliamentary Elections
- Euro Minimum Bid Rate and ECB Press Conference
- Ex-FBI Director James Comey congressional testimony
Triple Threat Thursday Outlook
The first two events are sure to create volatility. The ECB Press Conference typically creates an eighty pip move during the press conference. With the daily chart overextended to the upside, a potential downward move, pushing price to 1.1141 is likely.
The UK elections may create some movement during the US session, but the majority of the movement is likely to come in during the Asian session. Currently, the daily chart is showing a potential for hidden divergence to the downside forming. If this price holds, price could well be pushed down through the 1.2745 area. The reversal bar formation is key to this pattern, and may form today.
Ex-FBI James Comey testimony can also create volatility throughout the day. Traders may opt to side on the sidelines during his testimony or the market may swing up or down depending on his testimony. Currently, the daily charts on the ES (e-mini S&P 500) and YM (e-mini Dow Jones) are both overextended to the upside and have formed trend divergence indicating a retracement.
Regardless of whether a trader’s bias is to the downside or to the upside, Thursday is likely to be a wild ride in markets. The daily and weekly binary options allow traders to participate even during volatile days, like Thursday, with limited risk especially when using the Out of the Money binary options.
Nadex Risk Disclaimer
- Trading on Nadex involves financial risk and may not be appropriate for all investors. The information presented here is for information and educational purposes only and should not be considered an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument on Nadex or elsewhere. Any trading decisions that you make are solely your responsibility. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Nadex instruments include forex, stock indexes, commodity futures, and economic events.
- Nadex binary options and spreads can be volatile and investors risk losing their investment on any given transaction. However, the limited-risk nature of Nadex contracts ensures investors cannot lose more than the cost to enter the transaction. Nadex is subject to U.S. regulatory oversight by the CFTC.